New Schools Offer For 2022!
A trip to Cannon Hall Farm promises to be a terrific value day out for all school groups.
For just £6.95 per child, we welcome groups of over 20 children to come and experience life on a working farm.
You are met by a tour guide who will help show you and your class the key things to see around our farm.
This will include a time for questions and answers, a visit to our reptile house (which includes a variety of amphibians, fish and insects), access to our daily programme of talks and races and, coming soon in 2022, our brand new small mammal house.
For every five paying children, there’s a free adult spot for supervisors.
If you’d like to pay us a visit to see what’s on offer, we would be pleased to offer four teachers a familiarisation visit.
Depending on which part of the curriculum you’d like to explore with your visit, we have a number of key seasons in the farming calendar that’s worth taking note of.
February – April
Lambing season – our farmers can talk about the circle of life and the breeding programme we run at the farm. We can also talk about the different breeds of sheep and what their function is.
May – June
In summer months, our alpacas and sheep are sheared. The wool is then sent to market to be made into carpets.
June – December
Our breeding programme means we always have babies to see. More often that not these are piglets, but we also focus on cows, llamas and donkeys. At this time of year, our focus can be on food production, the ethos of field to fork and milking.
Your day at Cannon Hall Farm will include:
* A tour guide to do an educational talk for the children
* A warm picnic area for lunch breaks
* A daily agenda of activities like sheep and ferret racing, meerkat feeding sessions plus Shire Horse and mongoose talks
* A FREE pre visit for four teachers
* One free supervising adult with every five paying children
* Use of all play areas (indoor and outdoor) Supervision is the responsibility of accompanying adults.
To arrange or to ask questions go here.