Disability Access Statement
Cannon Hall Farm
Bark House lane
- Cannon Hall Farm welcomes all visitors and strives to make the site accessible to everyone and to have staff and equipment to help provide any assistance that is needed.
- The farm is in a rural location and some parts of the farm include slopes and uneven surfaces.
- Opening times – daily except Christmas Day – 9:00 am to 5.15 pm.
- Visitors with disabilities are charged the normal admission price applicable on the day of the visit but carers are admitted free of charge with proof of status. Please telephone to check on admission prices.
- A wheel chair is available for visitors with walking difficulties. There is no charge but a £50 returnable deposit is required. Please call 01226 790427 to book your wheelchair to ensure we have one available when you need it.
- Assistance dogs are welcome throughout the site.
- Car Parking is free for blue badge holders – surfaces are tarmac, gravelled surfaces and grass (in drier weather). A tarmacked area is available for disabled parking close to main entrance to the farm, farm shops and restaurants.
- Public transport – is very limited – No 92 daily bus service from Barnsley to Cawthorne village (0.5 miles to Cannon Hall Farm through Cannon Hall Country Park) and No 92A service on Sunday. There is a narrow tarmac path from The Walk, Cawthorne, via the country park to Cannon Hall Farm which is accessible by wheelchairs and mobility scooters. Contact SYPTE for times / prices on 01709 515151.
- Trains – nearest main line station is Barnsley. Taxis are available to transport visitors to our site.
Shops & Restaurants
- The entrances to all shops and restaurants are accessible to wheelchair users. The doors are either automatic opening or manually opened by activation by push buttons situated at a height accessible by wheelchair users. Staff will help at any time if required.
- Assistance is available when required to reach higher shelves.
- Restaurant staff will carry food and drink orders to the tables.
- Tables and chairs are not fixed and can be rearranged to accommodate wheelchair users.
- The mezzanine in the Hungry Llama is accessed by steps and is inaccessible by wheelchair but all facilities can be accessed from the lower level.
- The surfaces of outside eating areas are a mixture of paving and decking.
- Some areas have parasols to provide shade if required.
- One party room is accessible by wheelchair.
Farm and Outside Activity Areas
- The animal barns are accessible to wheelchair users. The surface is easily accessed concrete or tarmac with slopes in and out of the main barns and down to the lower farmyard. There are no steps. Some of the slopes are moderate (up to 1 in 10) and manual wheel chair users may find these slopes difficult without assistance.
- The Adventure Playgrounds are accessed by sloping concrete or tarmacked paths.
- The surfaces of the play areas are covered with bark chippings. This soft surface may be unsuitable for some wheelchair users.
- Seating areas are located in the play areas for people who have difficulty standing.
- The Roundhouse has a raised viewing platform that is accessed by steps and is inaccessible by wheelchair and unsuitable for persons who cannot manage steps.
- The sheep racing arena consists of a hard gravel surface that is accessible to wheelchair users.
- The trailer (Tractor and Trailer Ride) can be accessed by wheelchair and can accommodate one per ride.
- Hand washing facilities throughout the site are equipped with low level basins and dryers. Sanitising gel dispensers are installed at varying heights.
- Unisex toilets with wheelchair access are available. The toilets are equipped with low level basins and dryers.
- Unisex baby changing facilities are situated throughout the site.
Please note that the staff at Cannon Hall Farm are willing to assist in any way possible to make access to the site and its activities. If you have concerns about your visit to the farm please telephone 01226 790427 to discuss your requirements.
Reviewed – 18th February 2020